| Home | History | Projects | Cookbook | Gallery | Events | Links |
Osage Friends Fellowship was established under the auspices of the Associated Executive Committee of Friends on Indian Affairs with the arrival of Daniel and Hattie Williams in the fall of 1908.
The Meeting House was erected in 1923. The present worship wing was added in 1928. It is located in the NW corner of Indian Village on Highway 99 adjacent to Hominy, OK.
In 1962, under the leadership of David and Janie Owl, Osage Friends Fellowship was formally organized as Hominy Monthly Meeting under the Nebraska Yearly Meeting. Currently, Hominy Friends Meeting is affiliated with Great Plains Yearly Meeting and the Friends United Meeting. Hominy Friends Meeting was proud to play host to the 2004 Great Plains Yearly Meeting this past June!
Pictured right is a sketch by James Doyle Penrose. It depicts a Quaker congregation worshipping silently while the Native Americans watch and soon join them in worship. There is a story that goes along with this sketch. It is called "The Feather of Peace: An Incident in Quaker History."
Hominy Friends Meeting List of Pastors